« Home | That's It. My Life is Over. » | Mandatory John Roberts Post » | Why I Hate Ted Kennedy » | Nice » | Changes » | The Chief » | My Favorite Politician » | NEA » | Foreign Aid and Debt Relief » | Legal Chutzpah » 

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 

Flashback: Roberts Hearing in 2003

Here is Senator Hatch talking about the questions that Senator Schumer was asking Judge Roberts. Schumer eventually voted against Roberts.

"Some [of his questions] I totally disagree with," Hatch of Utah said. "Some I think are dumbass questions, between you and me. I am not kidding you. I mean, as much as I love and respect you, I just think that's true."

A stunned Schumer asked if he heard the chairman correctly, to which Hatch said yes. Again, Schumer asked Hatch if he would like to "revise and extend his remark," congressional speak for change his mind.

A former trial attorney, Hatch replied: "No, I am going to keep it exactly the way it is. I mean, I hate to say it. I mean, I feel badly saying it between you and me. But I do know dumbass questions when I see dumbass questions."


Short version - Hatch to Schumer: Quit being a dumbass, dumbass.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile