« Home | Things to Come » | Judging Rehnquist » | Flag Day and Flag Burning » | The Changing Court » | San Fran Gun Ban in the Can » | Still Waiting for Rapanos » | What's Left » | Movie Night » | Justice Road Trips » | Take Sam Out to the Ball Game » 

Friday, June 16, 2006 

Bartender of the Week (Last Week)

It's way too nice out today. I know that I said I would re-do my Hudson post from yesterday, but I really have no desire to do it. The short version is this: the decision was right, the Exclusionary Rule has been a failure as a policy to prevent police misconduct anyway, and Mapp could be overruled and I wouldn't shed a tear. Okay, now for a better topic.

I'm a week late on this, but local newspaper MKE gave the Bartender of the Week award to one of my favorite bartenders. Mike Romans is the owner and operator of Romans' Pub, a great microbrew bar in the picturesque Bay View area of the South Side of Milwaukee (my home). It's a cool local bar with great atmosphere and great beer. There are almost 30 microbrews and imports on tap. In addition to the great beer, you also get to be served by one of the most entertaining bartenders around. Here's a taste of Mike's humor...
This is a place for beer drinkers who don't mess around, although the Miller and Bud people will find their needs fulfilled if they insist upon it - so long as they can stand their High Life being referred to as "ball-wash."
Miller and Bud products are not on tap at Romans'. Order one and you're getting it in a bottle and probably made fun of by half the people in the bar. This is the kind of bar where you can expand your beer horizons. Try new things. It's fun.

Romans' has a website here. It's not flashy, but it doesn't have to be. Mike keeps it updated religiously, so you always know exactly what's going to be on tap that night. If you're going down there tonight, I'd recommend the Great Lakes Dortmunder Lager. Order one, sit outside on the patio, and enjoy the evening.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile